Vitamin D- the sunshine vitamin- is one of nature’s most potent and readily available nutri-ceutical. Its manifold benefits make it essential for health. Did you know: • Vitamin D decreases one’s risk of certain cancers
• Vitamin D is cardioprotective
• Vitamin D has anti-hypertensive effect
• Vitamin D lowers one’s risk of diabetes
• Vitamin D reduces depressive symptoms
• Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium
• Vitamin D decreases risk of auto immune disease
• 50% of the world population is Vitamin D deficient, according to the Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics
• Vitamin D deficiency is a pandemic
On which side of the divide are you? For research-based information regarding sources, dosing and more, review the research article.
Nair R, Maseeh A. Vitamin D: The “sunshine” vitamin. Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics 2012;3(2):118-126. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.95506.